At Arnold Dental you not only have the well-known expertise of Dr. Arnold, but the services of our hygienists, Alison and Alea. They are not only outstanding clinicians but wonderful people.
- We spend a full hour with our cleanings and every visit includes an exam by Dr. Arnold.
- Our appointment availability is excellent.
- We understand and pursue oral health as a gateway to overall systemic health.
- We are different and leading edge in oral health. When indicated, we test for oral bacteria that could be causing health problems and suggest oral probiotics for populating with healthy bacteria.
- We are happy to file dental insurance on behalf of our patients as an out of network provider. Please call Rhonda at 859.269.1000 to find out more about this.
- We are a third-generation practice that values trust and family. Come join us! We are welcoming new patients.
Teeth Cleaning Appointments Are Available
We are fortunate at Arnold Dental to have a full staff of the best dental hygienists who are available for appointments. Just give us a call at (859) 269-1000, or use our online appointment request form and we’ll call you to set up an appointment.
“Five stars aren’t enough! Dr. Fred Arnold and his wife Holly are exceptional. Alison was my hygienist and she was very patient and did a wonderful job.”
– Barbara Faris
“Best dental office in Lexington. Friendly staff, comfortable environment, professional work! Everyone that I was in contact with was extremely friendly and very welcoming. Alea did a great job cleaning my teeth! Dr. Arnold and his wife are some of the nicest people you will meet, who both genuinely care about everyone who walks through their office doors. Great experience!”
– Caleb Metzenberg
“This boutique dental office is for the person seeking the exceptional life. The people and services are exceptional. Even a cleaning is like a 5-star spa for your teeth.”
– Ken Silvestri
What Are the Benefits of Routine Teeth Cleaning?
Routine dental cleaning protects your oral and overall health in these ways:
- Prevents Gum Disease – It removes the tartar buildup on your teeth, which leads to gum disease if left untreated.
- Promotes a Brighter Smile – Minimizes surface stains on teeth that cause discoloration and helps keep your smile bright.
- Fights Tooth Decay – Removes plaque, which causes tooth decay.
- Establishes a Healthy Foundation for Dental Work – Dr. Arnold will first ensure your teeth and gums are clean and healthy if you want smile-enhancing treatments such as teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, or dental implants. Otherwise, your smile goals would have limited success.
What Can You Do at Home to Keep Your Teeth Clean?
Your oral hygiene habits at home support the professional cleaning you get from a dental hygienist or dentist. Maintain the following habits:
- Brush Twice Daily – Gently brush in short strokes for two minutes to remove plaque on your teeth and near your gums. Brush the inner, outer, and chewing surfaces of your teeth.
- Floss Daily – Remove the plaque between your teeth and under the gum, in areas that your toothbrush cannot reach easily.
Is At-Home Oral Hygiene Enough to Keep Your Teeth Clean?
While brushing and flossing are indispensable, they will not remove tartar. Our preventive dentistry services are essential for sustaining your long-term oral health.
What Is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry is your routine of thorough at-home care combined with exams and cleanings from a dentist. Our preventive services include:
- Dental Exams – A dental exam supports early detection and treatment, protecting your overall oral health. During your visit, Dr. Arnold will examine your teeth, gums, and oral tissue and use dental technology to further detect signs of disease and evaluate your occlusal health. Although biannual dental exams are typical, Dr. Arnold will assess your oral disease risks and recommend how often you should schedule dental exams and cleanings to minimize the risks.
- Professional Cleaning – Despite your at-home oral hygiene routine, plaque buildup still occurs in some areas around your teeth and forms tartar. Only a dentist or dental hygienist can remove the buildup with professional dental cleaning tools. Your regular dental hygiene appointments decrease the risk of developing gum disease and the need for deep dental cleaning, or scaling and root planing.
It can be easy to underestimate the long-term benefits of at-home and professional teeth cleaning for a healthy, bright smile and your overall well-being. For example, the Journal of the American Dental Association has published multiple articles on the association between periodontal disease and systemic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Arnold Dental welcomes you to schedule a consultation or a dental exam and cleaning appointment. We are ready to help you achieve and maintain optimal oral health.